Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Raw Vegan Ranch Dip & Dressing

I was having a serious Ranch Dressing Craving not too long ago and threw a bunch of things in my blender and came up with this.  The first recipe is for the dip.  It's thicker and tangier.  Perfect for carrot sticks and dipping!  To make a dressing just add a few tablespoons of water and/or non dairy milk of your choice!
1/2 C Cashews
1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
1 C Water
3 T Lemon Juice
3 T Coconut Aminos (or Maple Syrup)
1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
3 t Onion Powder
2 t Dill


You can add a splash of oil and/or sea salt or Braggs Liquid Aminos if you wish.  Optional, of course!

8 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I love that you used sunflower seeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try and do a half and half cashew/sunflower base and it worked well! I'm trying to use more and more sunflowers because they are a POWERHOUSE of nutrition and they are fairly cheap!

      Delete
  2. This looks wonderful and agreed on sunflower seeds - I need to get some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to do more with them and MORE OFTEN!

      Delete
  3. I have never used coconut aminos before... I never realised that it is sweet?? If maple syrup is a sub for it. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Coconut Aminos are less salty than Bragg's Aminos. It's a more gentle addition - not as in-your-face as others. There is a hint of sweet, too!

      Delete
  4. Looks great! Ranch has always been my favorite dressing; I'll have to try your recipe someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before going vegan Ranch Dressing, Sour Cream, and some cheeses were the dairy items I was addicted to...YIKES!

      Delete