Thursday, December 14, 2017

Thai Tom Yum, Snowstorms, & Veganize It!

I had to order this Thai Tom Yum online because I haven't been able to find it in ANY of the stores I have been thru the last several months.  It's a vegan version of Thai Tom Yum and the brand is Dr. McDougall's.  I have to say - I am a fan!

It sure helped with the extreme cold we have experienced the last couple of days.  We had a back-to-back snow storm hit us with COLD temps.  Yesterday I don't think it passed the 15-degree mark.  When I was driving home it was 12.  Over the last 2 days, we have had between a foot and a foot and a half of snow so far.  Eventho I live in the snow belt I still don't like it. 


I've been doing a lot of thumbing thru my new vegan cookbooks as well as a lot of online research of recipes from different countries that I can try and veganize.  ANd speaking of Veganizing...look at my other new book!!  It has some really great ideas in there but there is a large fake meat chunk I will probably never do anything with.  I've also been able to collect a lot more flags on my flag counter which is really exciting!  HELLO to my newest visitors from the countries of Georgia, Albania, Cambodia, Armenia, Costa Rica, Libya, Mali, and United Arab Emirates.  I smiled when I saw newbies from Columbia, Djibouti, Timor-Leste, Serbia, Burundi, Greenland, Somalia, Algeria, Seychelles, and Palestinian Territory.  Plus my new friends from Malawi, Botswana, Ethiopia, and various islands including Pitcairn Islands, Virgin Islands, and Christmas Island.



26 comments:

  1. I've made the bacon mac and cheese- I LOVE IT! My husband wasn't the biggest fan of the coconut bacon though. I want to try the fake pepperoni- that is one of the few meats I miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look into that recipe! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. I think it is exciting to live in a country with snow because I can build snow sculptures but snowstorms are not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have that one. I'm interested to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will look more into it tonight again!

      Delete
  4. We love tom yum. In fact, we love Thai food! Very exotic, bursting with flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting family back on the east coast right now and got caught in the snow, too. It's less than an inch, but for this honorary Californian, it's quite a sight to behold! I wish I had some of that tom yum soup to take off the chill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Just found out we have another storm on the way. 3 in a row already. I think I will be making soups this weekend for sure!

      Delete
  6. It's been cold and snowed here recently, but we didn't get nearly as much snow as you did! Hope you're keeping warm; glad to hear the soup helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was 8 degrees when I drove in. We are supposed to get more snow again. Blah! I hate winter!

      Delete
  7. I have been craving soup in the bitter cold and snow too! I'm so over winter already, haha! That soup sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you! Boo Hiss and Bah Humbug to winter!!! But bring on the soups, for sure!

      Delete
  8. We here have an exceptionally warm winter; we are in summer clothes instead of winter coats, not a good thing at all (for agriculture). Hope your weather gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would enjoy a warm winter but I can see how that would play havoc with the ag!

      Delete
  9. Vegan ramen is the best, I need some now to warm me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does the Thai Tom Yum box contain everything you need to make the ramen? I'm always on the hunt for a good ramen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuppers! Right inside the microwavable cup it has the noodles and there is a spice/seasoning packet tucked in there, too!

      Delete
  11. I love Veganize It, it is such a great cookbook and I've made a bunch of things that I have loved from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember loving the Piccata and the mac and cheese.
      Here is what I have made and blogged so far:
      http://kittensgonelentil.blogspot.com.au/search/label/veganize%20it

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I will check that post out!

      Delete
  12. Hang in there with the snow and cold! I need to check out that book too, lots of great comfort recipes.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to jump into another recipe from this one, soon!

      Delete