Wednesday, February 21, 2018

10-Minutes or Less Vegan Recipes, Women's Right To Vote Coin, & Hail Merry Chocolate Mint Tart

Yesterday it hit 70 degrees!  Woot!  I sure enjoy that much more than -7 degrees!  I have to say between the weather getting better - or being better for the moment - and my pain management - PLUS - my new volunteering and cookbooks I have been in a pretty good mood as of late!

This book - Real Food, Really Fast is the next book I wanted to share with you!  I'm embarrassed to say that this is the first of Hannah's books I have bought so far (So Sorry) but I have a feeling it won't be my last!  This is a pretty neat book!  I already see LOTS of things I want to try!  And with the recipes being ready in 10 minutes...no one has an excuse, eh!?

Last night I attended a League of Women Voters Coffee & Conversation topic on Refugees.  We had a nice turnout and the feedback on the topic and speaker was great!

Speaking of women and voting...

I recently received this coin from a swapping buddy!  It's the 100-year commemorative coin for Women's Right To Vote in Canada. 

Rumor has is the US might release one for their 100 year - which is 2020.  I hope they do!

I now have 146 different coins present in my Foreign Coin Collection!

This was another item I picked up over the last weekend.  I found this at the Erie Wholefoods Co-Op and it wasn't badly priced.  There were only 2 left so I decided to try it.  Last night I cut it in 4's and only had 1 small piece.  That was really all I needed!  It was very sweet and rich!  Mint Chocolate and Orange Chocolate are my two favorite kinds of chocolate when I do eat it so this was FAB!  Oddly, I thought it tasted a bit like coconut.  I re-read the ingredients and it DOES have coconut oil in it but I doubt it was THAT flavorful.  Regardless it was tasty and I'm looking forward to another little piece tonight after dinner!

10 comments:

  1. That cookbook is on my watch list, I will be keen to see what you make from it, and know what you think of it. I only have one of Hannah's previous books, a dessert one, but I am ashamed to say that I have made nothing out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually made the Pizza Hummus last night and OMG it was TOTALLY Pizza Flavor! I will be blogging about it today!

      Delete
  2. Hail Merry! LOL!!! I like that name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookbook looks incredible! I can't wait to read about the pizza hummus. The coin is so cool and I LOVE Hail Merry tarts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first time I had tried Hail Merry - oddly, enough! I can safely say - I'm already a FAN!

      Delete
  4. I love the hail Merry tarts! I haven't tried the mint chocolate one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which other flavors have you had? What's your fave?

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to check out that cook book either, love her recipes. So many great vegan cook books, so little time! And yum on the Hail Merry tart, I just tried the Endangered Species Vegan Mint Chocolate and wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love that lil bit of minty fresh!? LOL

      Delete